"childhood comfort, stories of Jesus"...christmas memories...

Christmas Memories #14--(or not-so-Christmas) 

(this was what was on my mind as I heard the news of the Connecticut shooting, I was reminded of how I coped, as a small child, with the loss of the sisters I barely even knew but the effects of their loss followed me throughout my childhood...)

My favorite song as a little girl...as I dealt with life's dramas (and there were plenty), I would sing this song and picture myself standing by His knee and listening to Him and in my mind, "fancy His blessing resting on me" was picturing His arm wrapped around my shoulders...

"Tell me the stories of Jesus I love to hear;
Things I would ask Him to tell me if He were here;
Scenes by the wayside, tales of the sea,
Stories of Jesus, tell them to me.

First let me hear how the children stood round His knee,
And I shall fancy His blessing resting on me;
Words full of kindness, deeds full of grace,
All in the love light of Jesus’ face."


No comments:

Post a Comment