"blue willow, cinnamon apples and disk cameras"...christmas memories...

Christmas Memories #15--
Blue Willow tableware and cinnamon apple slices...

Most years we would be in Eastern Kansas for Christmas Eve and leave my Great Aunt's house shortly after breakfast and opening stockings to head to SW Missouri to visit my Grandpa McClimans and Grandma Wanda. I always looked forward to this visit because my aunt, Karen, is only a couple of years older than I am, and she had brothers close to my age also.

Grandma Wanda always served Christmas dinner on her Blue Willow tableware. She was a great cook, always going all-out with the fixings and sides. The one thing I remember her ALWAYS serving with dinner was cinnamon apple rings and that was the only time of the year I would have them, and she was the only person who ever served them.

One of the many memories I have of spending Christmas with them is the year we all (Karen, James, and I) got our own Kodak Disk cameras. Mine was actually the "LeClic" pictured below...it was better than the Kodak because it was pink, purple and teal! We thought we were the coolest kids in the world with those cameras! They were cutting edge!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment