"silver bells"...christmas memories...

Christmas Memories #2--
I must have been very young, because I barely remember this one...but I was at my Great-Grandma Wolford's house and I remember it being really cold, Christmas lights were everywhere, and someone was ringing the downtown bell in Bronson, KS...I recall thinking it was just like the song "Silver Bells"! (Bronson is a tiny town, but I guess it looked like it had lots of "city streetlights" to a little girl who loved to soak in Christmas magic.)

I'm pretty sure there was snow on the ground, and my "perfect memory" (as in what I imagine to be the perfect picture of it, not saying my memory is perfect) has it snowing too. Below is a picture of the tiny downtown of Bronson that I found online...


My Grandma Wolford lived next to the city water tower. My cousin, Sonia, and I would climb on it when we were out playing in Grandma's back yard!


No comments:

Post a Comment