"water, water, everywhere...makes a great ice rink!"...christmas memories...

Christmas Memories #13--

The year we had a water leak (that had to wait until Spring to get fixed) that froze into a HUGE ice skating arena in our back yard...I had SO much fun wearing my ice skates in my own back yard!



Our house had a water leak that couldn't be fixed easily, so we had to wait until Spring (when it warmed up and the ground wasn't frozen to fix it). That was the best thing ever in a little kid's eyes! I "skated" around on that ice before Christmas...when I came home with those skates, I really got to skate on it! I always loved watching the figure skaters (Dorothy Hamill was my idol when I was little...I even sported a "Dorothy Hamill Haircut" for awhile!!!) on television and wished I could be one when I grew up. For one winter, I got to skate to my heart's content, and in my mind at least, I was a world-class figure skater...the cold wind blowing on my face as I soared across the ice in my back yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment