christmas memories...

I have decided to post a Christmas/Winter memory daily on Facebook for the month of December and thought I would post them here as we go too.

Christmas Memory #1
As I read my Aunt Gracie's facebook post that she's going to decorate her church for Christmas later today, it brought up one of the best Christmas memories I remember from my childhood. I spent Christmas at my Grandmother Pittam's that year. (If I remember right, it's also the Christmas that Santa brought me a Hollie Hobbie phonograph.) What I loved most about that Christmas was going to the Christmas Eve candlelight service with Grandmother (it was just her and I there together) at Savannah Avenue Baptist Church. It's the first candlelight service I remember attending, and it was so magical to a little girl! I was wearing my favorite red velvet dress, all prettied up for the holiday, and remember the glow of the candles in that beautiful church was breathtaking! This was back when I was in love with, and in absolute awe of the story of Baby Jesus, and had that childlike faith that we all should strive to have as we grow up. I ended up spilling candle wax down my velvet dress and think I ruined it, and even though everything wasn't perfect in life, for just that one evening, everything was right with the world.

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."



No comments:

Post a Comment