"green tomato pickles"...christmas memories...

Christmas Memories #4--

One of my favorite stories to tell is about the Christmas my hubby went home to Kansas with me to meet my parents (and ask for their blessing to propose) and the rest of our family. The poor guy was overwhelmed with my crazy big family, asked how to make sweet tea (really???), and found himself playing basketball with my cousin-in-law and future cousin-in-law. 

But the part I love to tell is about Grandma Frame's homemade pickles that Mom served with dinner one evening. Hubby ate some and said they were REALLY good...and I had the overwhelmingly joyous opportunity to inform him that they were my grandma's "green tomato pickles". At that point he made a face and refused to eat any more of them...he hates tomatoes! (It was classic!) :D LOL (Love you, honey!)
But the

Boy, what I wouldn't do to have a jar of those pickles to serve with Christmas dinner this year! They were SO good! (Anyone have the recipe?) 

I think it's time to peruse through Grandma's recipe box and see if I can find it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment